«Your employees are your company’s real competitive advantage. They’re the ones making the magic happen, as long as their needs being met» – Richard Branson
So many companies do not understand that.
They think that if they put in ping pong tables, their part is done. More than ping pong tables and pizza Fridays, people need:
- an honest and open leadership, with truthful and factual communications
Instead employees often get slogans, mission statements and spin stories.
- a chance to grow and to take on new responsibilities. A chance is sometimes the best thing you can give someone who needs it.
Instead, often yes-men often get promoted, and best people are viewed as threat to boss’ own position.
- to be listened to, and be heard
Instead, many bosses listen with an intent to respond, not to understand.
- a recognition and appreciation
Instead their loyalty, hard work and results are often taken for granted.
- flexibility in choosing best methods, solutions
Instead best people get micromanaged.
Success in business is all about people.If you want your business to grow, grow your people. If you want to get the most out of your people, treat them well.